Block House Races FAQ

Mar 12, 2018 - 10:45 AM

72nd Tryon Block House Races FAQ

TICKET PURCHASE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: click HERE for guidance in purchasing and selecting your tickets


What cannot be brought to the Tryon Block House Races:
Open Flames
Large sound systems
Tents larger than 10×10’
Glass containers
Outside spiritous liquors
ATVs, Golf Carts or other motorized vehicles


Can I re-enter the property once I leave?
No, there is absolutely no re-admission to The Races once you leave.


Can I bring my own tent to TBHR?
Yes! We are allowing tents this year. You can bring up to a 10×10’ tent, but you must purchase a Personal Tent Permit in advance or on the day of the event. For the safety of the horses and guests, all tents must be weighted and staked properly and will be subject to inspection. If they are unstable, you will be asked to take it down. To purchase a permit, click here.


What does my parking space purchase include?
All tailgating spaces include one 12×20’ parking space and admission for the customers that are in the car.


Can I be dropped off for the races?
Yes! This year we are allowing a “walk up” pass for attendees who do not wish to bring a car to the event. This pass allows for a single (1) general admission ticket to the race without a car or parking. These will be available online a week before the race as well as on the day of at the Tryon Riding and Hunt Club office.


What is your refund policy?
The races will run rain or shine. There are no refunds for purchases.


I am interested in Handicapped Parking. Where should I select a space?
Since the Tryon Block House Races are in a field with driving accessibility, we recommend we choose a space closest to where you would like to be. The flattest ground and closest proximity to handicapped restrooms are rows J and K in the Yellow section.


I did not see my tickets in my email. How do I receive them and what do I need to do once I receive them?
Tickets will be distributed on April 2nd via your Tryon account (created at check out) and/or your email. This ticket will then need to be printed out in order to display on the dash of your car.

Have other questions? Email


Social Bar

Join Mailing List


Shopping Cart

Like Box

Chronicle Headlines

Like Box

Rider Spotlight

Like Box

Trainer Spotlight

Like Box