Mill Spring, NC – May 26, 2018 – The $70,000 Spy Coast Farm Grand Prix CSI 3* hosted at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) during Tryon Spring 4 saw Hunter Holloway (USA) and Eastern Jam secure top honors after the pair flew around the short course in 45.06 seconds ahead of Santiago Lambre (MEX) and his own Cetano Van Aspergem Z, a 2009 Zangersheide gelding (Clinton x Ahorn Z), who finished in second with a time of 45.525 seconds. Richie Moloney (IRL) claimed third place aboard Rocksy Music, a 2008 Irish Sport Horse gelding (ARS Vivendi x Diamond Serpent) owned by Equinimity LLC, with a time of 44.876 second and a four-fault finish. The Tryon Spring Series continues through Sunday, June 10, before welcoming the 2018 Tryon Summer Series on June 13.
“I knew I could shave off a little time on Santiago’s round and [Eastern Jam] is a really quick horse on his own, so he helped me out a lot. He was a great boy,” said Holloway of her jump-off strategy.
|Santiago Lambre and Centano Van Aspergem Z|
Holloway complimented the course designer on a “lovely” course, saying, “I thought it had a good flow and it was fair. It was set really well and rode nicely,” she explained. “There was a question about how many strides to do in the five to the six – I did six to seven on mine, and on my other ride I did six to six, so I think it required knowing your horse there, but overall I thought it was a great track.”
|Richie Moloney and Rocksy Music|
“In general, this horse is a winner. He likes to win and to be in the arena and have it be all about him – so he’s pretty straightforward,” she said. “We’ll keep developing him since he’s still fairly green. We’ll show the next two weeks here and then he’ll have a week or two off before we go to Spruce Meadows and see how he is there,” she concluded.
|Hunter Holloway, Santiago Lambre, and Richie Moloney in their presentation ceremony with Michael Kerr, Zoey Mooer, and David O’Brien of Spy Coast Farm with Show Manager JP Godard.|
Click HERE for full results of the $70,000 Spy Coast Farm Grand Prix CSI 3*.
Tryon Spring 4 CSI 3* competition will conclude tomorrow, Sunday, May 27, featuring the $35,000 1.45m Sunday Classic CSI 3* at noon. The Tryon Spring Series will continue through Sunday, June 10, featuring six weeks of international and national hunter, jumper, and equitation competition. For more information on TIEC, please visit www.Tryon.com.
Final Results $70,000 Spy Coast Farm Grand Prix CSI 3*
1. EASTERN JAM, 2009 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Lexicon x Monaco
HUNTER HOLLOWAY (USA), Hays Investment Corporation: 0/0/45.06
2. CETANO VAN ASPERGEM Z, 2009 Zangersheide gelding by Clinton x Ahorn Z
SANTIAGO LAMBRE (MEX), Santiago Lambre: 0/0/45.525
3. ROCKSY MUSIC, 2008 Irish Sport Horse gelding by ARS Vivendi x Diamond Serpent
RICHIE MOLONEY (IRL), Equinimity LLC: 0/4/44.876
4. QUINCY CAR, 2004 Oldenburg stallion by Galiani Car x Amour Parfait
FERNANDO CARDENAS (COL), Fernando Cardenas: 0/5/50.808
5. CONDOR C, 2005 Holsteiner stallion by Cassini I x Caretino
DEBORAH STEPHENS (USA), Centennial Farm Inc.: 1/81.22
6. HH DONNATELLA, 2003 Belgian Warmblood mare by Toulon x Mr. Blue
DANIELA STRANSKY (VEN), Stransky’s Mission Farm Inc.: 1/83.36
7. BULL RUN’S FAUSTINO DE TILI, 2005 Belgian Warmblood stallion by Berlin x Udarco
KRISTEN VANDERVEEN (USA), Bull Run Jumpers Six LLC: 4/72.68
8. THRILLER P, 2004 Swedish Warmblood stallion by Cardento x Lucky Light
SAMUEL PAROT (CHI), Samuel Parot: 4/76.51
9. VDL BRAVO S, 2006 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Ephepe For Ever x Chellano Z
10. QUINCY TOO, 2009 Zangersheide gelding
FERNANDO CARDENAS (COL), Fernando Cardenas: 4/79.89
11. BASTIAN 86, 2006 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Utopie x Indoctro
KRISTEN VANDERVEEN (USA), Bull Run Jumpers Inc.: 5/80.43
12. MERQUSIO, 2007 Belgian Warmblood gelding by Cicero Z x Flamenco de Semilly
RICHIE MOLONEY (IRL), Equinimity LLC: 5/80.99
Photo Credit ©Sportfot.These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with proper credit