For Immediate Release
Mill Spring, NC – May 25, 2019 – Santiago Lambre (MEX) rode home with blue in the $72,000 CaptiveOne Advisors Grand Prix CSI 3* aboard his own, Cetano Van Aspergem Z, a 2009 Zangersheide gelding (Clinton x Ahorn Z) at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC). Lambre secured a jump-off time of 36.824 to secure the win. Sharn Wordley (NZL) placed second jumping in tandem with his own mount, Gatsby, a 2011 Irish Sport Horse stallion (Simba x Cruise On) dashing through the timers in 37.663 seconds. Sarah Scheiring (USA) snatched third with S & L Cocodrille, a 2008 Belgian Warmblood gelding (Emerald Van’t Ruytershof x Kashmir Van Schuttershof) owned by S & L Farms on a jump-off time of 38.329 seconds.
Santiago Lambre and Cetano Van Aspergem Z
©Bailey Beck Photography
Among 20 entries with only six duos in a thrilling jump-off on the course set by Catsy Cruz (MEX), Lambre revealed, “I saw number one to go -Sharn- and he’s a fast rider and so I had to try and go faster than him. I did my plan and it worked. The first round was a nice course for a 3*; it was technical. The jump-off was really, really good. We were able to make less strides everywhere, so it was a very nice class,” he stated.
Santiago Lambre, Sharn Wordley, and Sarah Scheiring in their awards presentation ceremony alongside Eric Straus, General Manager of Equine Operations and Meg Suffling of CaptiveOne Advisors.
©Bailey Beck Photography
On his future plans with Cetano Van Aspergem Z, Lambre remarked, “I am staying three more weeks here [at TIEC] and then we’ll probably go to Spruce Meadows.”
Alfonzo Lopez receiving his Absorbine® Groom’s Award alongside Santiago Lambre and Drew Page. ©TIEC
Final Results of the $72,000 CaptiveOne Advisors Grand Prix CSI 3*:
- Cetano Van Aspergem Z, 2009 Zangersheide gelding by Clinton x Ahorn ZSantiago Lambre (MEX), Santiago Lambre: 0/0/36.824
- Gatsby, 2011 Irish Sport Horse stallion by Simbax x Cruise OnSharn Wordley (NZL), Sharn Wordley: 0/0/37.663
- S&L Cocodrille, 2008 Belgian Warmblood by Emerald Van’t Ruytershof x Kashmir Van SchuttershofSarah Scheiring (USA), S&L Farms: 0/0/38.329
- Bull Run’s Faustino De Tili, 2005 Belgian Warmblood stallion by Berlin x DarcoKristen Vanderveen (USA), Bull Run Jumpers Five LLC: 0/4/36.026
- Atlantis, 2003 Zangersheide gelding by Andiamo x Royal Bravour LSamuel Parot (CHI), Samuel Parot: 0/4/36.319
- Javas Miss Jordan, 2009 Irish Sport Horse mare by Luidam x Obos Quality 004Nicky Galligan (IRL), Nicky Galligan: 0/4/40.629
- Carnaval, 2005 Oldenburg gelding by Chacco-Blue x LandadelHector Florentino (DOM), Spruce Meadows: 1/86.04
- Don’t Touch Du Bois, 2009 Belgian Sport Horse mare by Kashmir Van Schuttershof x IndoctroDavid Blake (IRL), Pine Hollow Farm: 4/77.2
- Any, 2008 Holsteiner mare by Aliano x AlcatrazSharn Wordley (NZL), Arnoud Dobber: 4/78.64
- Thriller P, 2004 Swedish Warmblood stallion by Cardento x Lucky LightSamuel Parot (CHI), Samuel Parot: 4/79.71
- Silver Creek’s Validation, 2007 Zweibrücker stallion by Vallado x LansingHunter Holloway (USA), Silver Creek Farms: 4/81.08
- Rissoa D’Ag Bois Margot, 2005 Selle Francais gelding by Quincy/Quaprice x ArtichautJuan Ortiz (VEN), Stransky’s Mission Farms Inc.: 4/81.27
For full results from the $72,000 CaptiveOne Advisors Grand Prix CSI 3*, click here.
Competition continues at TIEC with Tryon Spring 5 featuring the $36,000 Horseware Ireland Welcome Stake, $10,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby, $132,000 Ingles Grand Prix CSI 3*, and more Hunter, Jumper and Equitation competition.
About Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon Resort:
Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon Resort, host of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018, is one of the world’s ultimate equestrian lifestyle destinations with first-class facilities for all FEI disciplines and showcasing Hunter/Jumper, Equitation, Steeplechase, Polo, and multidiscipline events in Mill Spring, NC. From carousel to competition, the mission of Tryon Resort is to celebrate the magic of the horse, grow equestrian sport, and increase access to this majestic animal. A haven for equestrian competitors and enthusiasts, Tryon Resort is an iconic, year-round destination for connoisseurs of diverse cuisine and shopping, lodging getaways, and family entertainment. Learn more at www.Tryon.com.